Day of half day trips from Madrid Madrid is in the exact center of Spain so its location is perfect to discover the country. If you spend a few days in the capital we recommend taking at least one day trip from Madrid. You will be surprised by some unique UNESCO Heritage towns, castles, but […]
El Escorial tour
UNESCO World Heritage- close to Madrid.
‘Eighth Wonder of the World’
El Escorial is an extremely important place for Spain. It is the marriage of granite with Spain’s history. It is a mysterious place, a symbol of Counter –Reformation and Inquisition, the most untypical royal palace in the world.
In the north of the capital, in the middle of Madrid’s mountains, you find the place where a king decided to build his home, a Basilica, a monastery and a Royal Pantheon, in the days when Spain was the richest and most powerful nation in the world, an empire on which the sun never set.
You can get to El Escorial in less then an hour from Madrid, crossing Hemingway’s favorite Guadarrama Mountains.
In El Escorial you will be able to:
- Visit the Palace of Felipe II, who was one of the most interesting Spanish monarchs.
- Visit the Basilica of El Escorial.
- See the best example of Spanish Renaissance characterized by naked walls, clean volumes and well calculated geometrical forms.
- See the Pantheon, where almost all Spanish kings were buried.
- Enjoy the silence of a small town and breathe in pure mountain air.
- Visit its gardens
You can combine this tour with Segovia excursion or a tour to Avila and extend it to 8 hours.
Approximate duration: 5 hours
- Pick up & drop off at your hotel
- Ticket reservation
- Private vehicle or other
- Official expert guide services
- Entrance fee to El Escorial
- Local taxes (VAT) to be added
|1 - 2 people|
|3 - 6 people|
|7- ∞ people||Please contact us for a special price.|
Book your excursion now!
You don’t need a credit card for booking.
All posts from this category : El Escorial